The University Libraries offers financial support to eligible members of the Mason community to offset the costs of publishing in scholarly open access (OA) journals that charge author fees. Complete and submit the Open Access Publishing Fund (OAP Fund) application on the University Libraries’ website to apply for funds. Contact Claudia Holland (email@example.com) with any questions.
Most read articles in Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment:
- City clusters in China: air and surface water pollution
Vol. 4, Iss. 7
- The impacts of climate change on ecosystem structure and function
Vol. 11, Iss. 9
- Modeling multiple ecosystem services, biodiversity conservation, commodity production, and tradeoffs at landscape scales
Vol. 7, Iss. 1
- Ecosystem services in decision making: time to deliver
Vol. 7, Iss. 1
Mason graduate students are cordially invited to meet subject librarians and other research specialists at our Food for Thought at Fenwick Graduate Students Open House. You can get an overview of key research resources, services and tools, tour Fenwick Library, and enjoy a free boxed lunch supper. (Limited supply. Don’t miss out!) Discover what the University Libraries have for you – and your success at Mason.
- Fenwick Library, 2nd Floor Conference Room
- September 3
- 4 to 7 p.m.
This data set is available through the Libraries’ Data & GIS department.
CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) Academic Community Supported Data Package. Location: Data Services Workstation Left
Carbon Disclosure Project. 2003 – 2013.
CDP’s public data on self reported climate change, water and forest-risk data. The purpose of this data set is for academic research only. Data used to compile the CDP Program Reports. Data are in Excel format.
JournalTOCs is a Current Awareness Service (CAS) where you can discover the newest papers coming directly from the publishers as soon as they have been published online. JournalTOCs is a free service for individual users.
- Search for the journal(s) you want to follow
- Choose to follow TOC on the website
- or click on the RSS feed to follow in a feed reader (if you choose Microsoft Office as the reader, TOCs will be sent to your email)
- or set up an email notification for new issues
BrowZine for iPhone is now available, dramatically expanding the ways you can engage with BrowZine to find, read and follow your favorite journals!
With this new release, you have the option to create a BrowZine Account. If you have BrowZine installed on your iPhone and iPad, you may now “sync” your My Bookshelf contents. If you add a journal to My Bookshelf or clear a new article notification from your iPad, it will automatically appear on your iPhone.
Data-Planet Statistical Ready Reference
This resource searches the Data-Planet repository of standardized and structured statistical data. Users can search and view charts, maps, and rankings of time series at the country, state, county, MSA, postal code, census-tract/block group level. This product provides summary information as well as detailed line item views.
- Days with Smoke or Haze from the US Historical Climatology Network Dataset shown in days Country: USA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Reports days with smoke or haze recorded at weather stations in the coterminous United States. Ranking of States (2013)
- Land in Farms from the Farm Count Dataset shown in acres (000) Country: USA United States Department of Agriculture This is the total acreage of farmland in the United States, as collected by the National Agricultural Statistics Service. Most Recent Data (2012)
ENVIROnetBASE provides online access to more than 130 handbooks in the environmental sciences. Subject areas include: earth science, ecology and ecological economics, environmental modeling and analysis, environmental and ecological risk assessment, environmental health and safety, environmental chemistry and toxicology, environmental engineering, geology, GIS, mapping and remote sensing, landscape ecology, resource management and sustainability, water science – technology and engineering.
New for 2014:
SAGE Research Methods Online
Provides an overview of research methods (quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods) across the social and behavioral sciences. Includes SAGE book and reference material on research methods, including the complete Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, and editorially selected material from SAGE journals.
Streaming Video from Academic Video Online:
- Amazon (London, England: British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), 2012), 34:25 mins
- Clouded Leopard Rescue (District of Columbia: National Geographic, 2013), 30:59 mins
Streaming Video from Films on Demand: